Friday, December 2, 2011

RIP Mike Flanagan. Do you remember the man that was a great champion in the 70s and 80s?

I am old enough to remember his days pitching for the Blue Jays and his part in the 1983 World Series run. He was a great champion. May he RIP.|||I remember Mike as an up-and-coming pitcher out of Memorial High School in Manchester, NH back in the early 1970's, before he made the Big League. I was attending the rival Central High School (Class of 1973) at the time. Mike's mother wrote a weekly column in the New Hampshire newspaper "The Union Leader" mostly about Mike and baseball.


Always followed Mike's career and my sympathy goes out to his family, friends and former teammates during this difficult time.|||The thing I remember about Flanagan was he beat Ron Guidry in 1978 when Guidry went 25-3. All three loses were to Lefties named Mike


Mike Flanagan


Mike Caldwell


Mike Willis





RIP Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment